take classes for credit
Whether you’re currently enrolled in another college or are a high-school senior wishing to supplement your curriculum, UNCG welcomes you to take classes as a “visiting” student. You may earn up to 21 credits as a visiting student. Visiting students are not eligible to receive financial aid.
- College-level students may apply through SpartanLink. Visiting student application fee is $65. Permission to register does not constitute admission to UNCG or any of its programs.
- High school seniors with superior academic credentials can determine their eligibility by contacting Undergraduate Admissions at 336.334.5243.
Please note: Former Students may not apply as visiting students. Students attending any of the constituent campuses of the Greater Greensboro Consortium are not considered visiting students.
audit classes (not for credit)
If you wish to simply attend a course at UNC Greensboro for no credit, you are welcome to participate as an auditor. Auditors can participate in courses when space is available and with the approval of the department head and/or the instructor. No credit is involved, no examinations are required, and no grades are reported.
Keep in mind that permission to audit in no way constitutes admission to the University. No formal record of participation as a Visiting Auditor will be maintained. Auditors also do not have access to the Kaplan Center for Wellness, Jackson Library, or campus computer labs.
HOW TO APPLY AS AN AUDITOR
- Complete Visiting Auditor Form, including the signature of the course instructor.
- Mail or drop off form, along with payment, to UNCG’s Registrar’s Office
- Mailing address:
P.O Box 26170, Greensboro, NC, 27402-6170
- Physical address:
1202 Spring Garden St., Greensboro, NC, 27412
- Mailing address:
- After processing your application, admissions will notify you of your status in participating in the course
NOTE: You may only apply as an auditor during the schedule adjustment period each semester (the 1st-5th day of classes). We cannot process applications received prior to the first day of classes or after the 5th day of classes.
- $125 per course
- No charge for auditors age 65+ who are NC residents or who live in NC
Payment can be made via exact cash or check. No credit cards accepted.
Fees are not processed until the application has been approved. Therefore, refunds are available by request if you are denied or if the class is canceled.