Based on new UNC System guidelines related to Minimum Admission Requirements (MAR), UNCG is in the process of evaluating all applications submitted for consideration for the Fall 2020 cycle. This includes students who were previously denied admission based on prior guidelines. We will be contacting students who are now deemed admissible based on the new UNC System MAR criteria and our secondary review process.
Future applicants that are experiencing financial hardships due to business closures, and unable to pay the application fee at this time, should Contact Undergraduate Admissions for special consideration.
You are considered a transfer student if you:
- Have 24 or more college credit hours from an institution accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC), Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Higher Learning Commission (HLC), Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), or WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
- Are eligible to return to the last institution you attended
If you have fewer than 24 college credit hours from an institution accredited by one of the above agencies, then you are considered a freshman transfer student. Freshman transfer students must meet requirements under both transfer (outlined below) and freshman admissions programs.
If you’d like to learn more about UNCG and the admissions process, we welcome you to attend our Transfer Information Program tailored for our transfer student applicants.
Transfer application requirements
- Application for admission (You may also apply via the Common App.)
- $65 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcript sent directly from the registrar of each institution you have attended (including summer session or extension work) to the UNCG Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Note: Effective March 17, 2020, applicants may submit transcripts electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request an official high school transcript. If applicable, submit an official copy of your GED scores along with your official high school transcript.
- Follow the appropriate process if you have international credentials.
Please note: Students with fewer than 24 hours must submit SAT or ACT scores for evaluation and must meet freshman admission standards. Contact the College Board (UNCG school code 5913) to request that your SAT scores be sent directly to UNCG. For ACT scores, contact the American College Testing Program (UNCG school code 3166).
Please follow posted application deadlines. Applications will be considered, space permitting, on a rolling basis. You will be notified in writing of your admission decision.
After reviewing your application, we will let you know if we require additional information. We must receive any requested items by our application deadlines. Because we typically require four to six weeks to review all applications, we strongly encourage you to apply well in advance of the deadline.
Other Transfer Applicant Types
Co-admissions programs are designed for students who attended a N.C. community college and would like to transition from an A.S. or A.A. degree to a bachelor’s or accelerated master’s degree at UNCG.
Students who previously earned an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree or an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) from participating N.C. community colleges may be eligible for admission through UNCG’s 2Plus program.
International transfer students should visit the International Recruitment & Admissions Office for additional requirements.
Once you have been admitted, consult SpartanLink for your steps to enrolling.
Many of our incoming students are curious about how their credits will be transferred. To see how credit has transferred in the past to UNCG, visit TES.
Please note: Several UNCG programs have secondary admission requirements.
Address for all materials
UNCG Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170
Email documents, including transcripts, to email@example.com.