Admission to UNCG is competitive. Our decisions are based on a combination of the following factors in order to determine your probability of success at UNCG.
- Your overall high school and/or college cumulative GPA
- SAT or ACT scores
We also review these additional factors.
- High school course selection and progression
- Senior class schedule
- All test scores
- Community Standards concerns
Fall 2017 Freshman Profile
Fall 2017 freshmen had the following average grades and test scores.
- Average HS GPA: 3.83 (weighted)
- SAT middle 50% ranges: 520-600 critical reading 510-580 math
- Average ACT: 23
Minimum High School Course Requirements
You are required to complete the following units by the time you finish high school.
- English (four units) – emphasizing grammar, composition, and literature
- Mathematics (four units) – Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, and an advanced math course beyond Algebra II*
- Science (three units) – including at least one unit in life or biological science, at least one unit in physical science, and at least one laboratory course
- Social Science (two units) – including one unit in US History and one unit in history, economics, sociology, or civics
- Foreign Language (two units) – both units must be in the same language (required for 2004 high school graduates and beyond)
* Please contact Undergraduate Admissions for a list of courses that will satisfy the fourth year of math requirement.
College Redirection Program
Students who were not accepted to the school of their choice have options. Through this program, you can be matched with a NC university that has admission slots available for qualified students. The College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC) offers this program from April to August. CFNC’s website offers more information.