How to apply
- Apply online through your SpartanLink account or via the Common App.
- Undergraduate international students should visit the International Programs Center website to learn more and apply.
Please note: Several UNCG programs have secondary admission requirements.
Freshman Application requirements
A complete application consists of the following components:
- Completed application with $65 nonrefundable fee or fee waiver. (Note: UNCG accepts fee waivers for first-time students from SAT (College Board or counselor), ACT, and NACAC. We do not participate in the CFNC Free Application Week.)
- Community standards questionnaire. The UNC system requires all applicants to complete this form.
- Official high school transcript. Transcript showing senior in-progress courses should be forwarded directly to UNCG from high school counselor. (Freshmen must have completed minimum high school course requirements.)
- Official scores from the SAT or ACT. (Required for freshmen and transfers with fewer than 24 college transfer hours). Request that UNCG receive your SAT scores by contacting the College Board (UNCG school code 5913). For ACT scores, contact the American College Testing Program (UNCG school code 3166).
- Official college transcripts from any post-secondary institutions attended, even those granting summer, extension, developmental, and technical credit. If you completed any college courses while enrolled in high school, request that the college registrar send an official transcript directly to UNCG.
- Undergraduate international students should visit the International Recruitment & Admissions Office website to learn more and apply.
Review our application deadlines for important spring, summer, and fall dates.
After reviewing your application, we will let you know if we require additional information. We must receive any requested items by our application deadlines. Because we typically require four to six weeks to review all applications, we strongly encourage you to apply well in advance of the deadline.
If you are taking any Advanced Placement (AP) classes, use this website to see how your credits will transfer.
If you want to transfer your AP credit, request for your official score report to be sent to us directly from College Board.
Mailing address for all materials
UNCG Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170