Freshman Application requirements
Required Application Materials
- Completed application. (via SpartanLink or Common App)
- $65 nonrefundable fee or fee waiver. (Note: UNCG accepts fee waivers for first-time students from SAT (College Board or counselor), ACT, and NACAC. We do not participate in the CFNC Free Application Week.)
- Community standards questionnaire. The UNC system requires all applicants to complete this form.
- Official high school transcript.
- Official college transcripts from any post-secondary institutions attended, even those granting summer, extension, developmental, and technical credit. If you completed any college courses while enrolled in high school, request that the college registrar send an official transcript directly to UNCG.
Optional Application Materials
- Official scores from the SAT or ACT. *Tests scores are optional for 2021 applicants. Request that UNCG receive your SAT scores by contacting the College Board (UNCG school code 5913). For ACT scores, contact the American College Testing Program (UNCG school code 3166).
- Essay. Required with complete application by Early Action deadline for automatic scholarship consideration.
Undergraduate international students should visit the International Recruitment & Admissions Office website to learn more and apply.
Please note: Several UNCG programs have secondary admission requirements.
Review our application deadlines for important spring, summer, and fall dates.
After reviewing your application, we will let you know if we require additional information. We must receive any requested items by our application deadlines. Because we typically require four to six weeks to review all applications, we strongly encourage you to apply well in advance of the deadline.
If you are taking any Advanced Placement (AP) classes, use this website to see how your credits will transfer.
If you want to transfer your AP credit, request for your official score report to be sent to us directly from College Board.
Mailing address for all materials
UNCG Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170