The best way to experience UNCG is to visit campus, and you have more ways than ever to connect with us! We’re offering limited, in-person tours to small groups at 10 am and 1:30 pm each weekday as well as virtual info sessions for those who are not yet ready to venture to campus. No matter which option you choose, you’ll have the opportunity to meet with an admissions counselor and hear from a current UNCG student so you can ask us your questions.
Register for a tour
- Offered at 10 am and 1:30 pm Monday-Friday.
- Reservations are required, so please click below to schedule your tour.
- Capacity for small group tours is limited. Please limit your party size to three, one student and two family members (maximum of three people) on each tour.
- Face coverings are required and must be properly worn. We will have face coverings available if needed.
In-Person Bilingual Spanish Tours / Tours Bilingües en Español en Persona
- Se ofrecen los miércoles a las 2:00 pm.
- Se requiere reservación. Por favor registre su tour haciendo clic en la barra amarilla “SCHEDULE YOUR TOUR”.
- La capacidad del grupo es limitada. Por favor limite su asistencia a un total de 3 personas (el estudiante y dos personas más).
- El uso de cubrebocas es requerido y deben de usarse correctamente. Contamos con cubrebocas disponibles si es necesario.
Virtual Info Sessions:
- Offered Mondays and Wednesdays at 4 p.m., and Fridays at 12 p.m.
- If you are unable to attend on those days, we have a pre-recorded session available for you!
- Make a reservation to receive a Zoom link to log in on the day of the tour.
Special Group Info Sessions: Groups of 10 or more should visit the Group Tours page for more information about requirements for interested groups.
Tour location & Time Frame
In-person tours depart from the Admissions Office (located at 1400 Spring Garden St.). Parking is in the Oakland Deck. Guests will receive a parking pass at the conclusion of the tour. This will allow for an easy exit from the parking deck. Please allow about 1.5 hours for your visit.
Virtual info sessions take place via Zoom. You will receive a link with your confirmation email. Plan to spend about an hour in your info session.
In-Person Tour highlights
Tours begin and end in the Undergraduate Admissions Office, where you’ll be greeted by an admissions counselor and your personal Spartan Guide (a current UNCG student). From there, your guide will take you on a walking tour of campus, where you’ll get a feel for the layout of campus and see where students spend their time – residence halls, dining hall, library, student union, and academic buildings. Due to the COVID, we are unable to access residence halls or dining facilities at this time.
At the tour’s conclusion, you will receive an information packet and parking validation. If you’d like to meet with an admissions counselor at the end of your tour, we will have counselors available for 10-15 minute appointments.
If you are excelling in high school and want to make the most of your college experience, plan to attend a Virtual Honors Info session, offered two Fridays per month, where you can learn about UNCG’s Lloyd International Honors College, a vibrant, on-campus intellectual and social community. Visit the Honors Friday page for dates and details.