What To Expect at Fall Open House
Students and families will have the opportunity to experience all that UNCG has to offer in a format that is designed by them! The Fall Open House will allow you and your guests to explore Undergraduate Admissions, The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, our full range of Academics (we offer 175+ majors and concentrations!), and catch a glimpse at UNCG’s exciting Student Life! We hope you’ll join us on either October 23rd or November 6th.
THE KEY INFORMATION SESSIONS AT OPEN HOUSE
These are great information sessions that benefit every prospective student of UNCG. This is where you can learn about the admissions and financial aid process, housing & residence life, along with all opportunities available to you once you enroll at UNC Greensboro. Below is an outline of what to expect and the Departments you’ll hear from at Open House! A more detailed outline of events will be provided via email after registering for an Open House event date.
- Undergraduate Admissions (First Year and Transfer)
- The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Academic Colleges and Schools
- Explore UNCG with Campus Tours
- Residence Life Tours of Different Housing Options
- Honors & Residential College Open House
- Study Abroad Opportunities
- Activities Fair
- Majors Fair
READY TO APPLY? FIND YOUR WAY HERE.
Schedule of the Day
Welcome & Information Sessions
- 9-9:30 am: Check-in at UNCG Auditorium
- 9:30-10 am: Welcome Session in UNCG Auditorium
- 10:15-11:30 am: College & School Information Sessions – Check your printed schedule for locations
Campus tour options
- 11:30 am – 2 pm: Drop-in and chat with an admissions counselor at our table in the EUC
- 11:30 am – 2 pm: Rolling Campus Tours – Tours begin from the Kaplan Commons in front of the EUC
- 11:30 am – 1:30 pm: Residence Hall Tours – Residence hall tours begin in the Tillman-Smart Room in Weil-Winfield Resdence Hall
- 11:30 am – 1:30 pm: Residential College Tours – Visit Ashby, Strong, & Grogan Residential Colleges to tour each Residential College
- 11:30 am – 1:30 pm: Lloyd International Honors College Tours – Go to South Spencer Residence Hall to tour the Honors College
- 11:30 am – 2 pm: Lunch on your own – See our various dining options on campus
- 11:30 am – 1:30 pm: Activities Fair – Moran Commons & Plaza
- 11:45 am – 1:30 pm: Sesión informativa en español – Claxton Room, EUC
- 11:45 am – 12:30 pm: Financial Aid Information Session – Alexander Room, EUC
- 11:45 am – 12:15 pm: Study Abroad Information Session – Maple Room, EUC
- 12-12:30 pm: First-Year Student Admissions Information Sessions – Auditorium, EUC
- 12-12:30 pm: Transfer Student Admissions Information Sessions – Kirkland Room, ECU
- 12:30-2 pm: Majors Fair – College Avenue
- 12:30-1 pm: Current Student Panel – Maple Room, EUC
- 1-1:45 pm: Financial Aid Information Session – Alexander Room, EUC
- 1-1:30 pm: Transfer Student Admissions Information Session – Kirkland Room, EUC
- 1:15-1:45 pm: First-Year Student Admissions Information Session – Maple Room, EUC
- 1:15-2 pm: Programs of Distinction – Auditorium, EUC
START EXPLORING UNCG STUDENT LIFE
Find Your Way Here
Have Questions Now? Connect With Your Counselor!
It’s natural to have questions about the college admissions process! And there’s no better person to ask than your dedicated Admissions Counselor; they’re here to help you every step of the way. At UNC Greensboro we want to offer you the easiest means possible to connect with and meet your Counselor. Use the tools below to find your Admissions Counselor, whether you’re a freshman, a transfer student, or even if you or a family member would prefer to have a meeting in Spanish – we’re here to help you find your way here.
EXPECTATIONS WHEN VISITING CAMPUS
Effective Monday, August 2, 2021, UNC Greensboro began requiring face coverings to be worn in all indoor settings and facilities, regardless of vaccination status, until further notice. Consistent with our policy during the Fall ‘20 and Spring ‘21 semesters, face coverings must be worn indoors at all times unless 1) eating or drinking; or 2) in a private space where 6 feet of distance from others can be maintained.
Effective Wednesday, September 1, 2021, UNCG began requiring face coverings outdoors if you cannot maintain 6 feet of distance from others, regardless of vaccination status.
As we continue to monitor COVID-19, we are adjusting our detailed action plans that balance student success, instructional requirements, and the hallmarks of the collegiate experience with the safety and wellbeing of our campus community. To learn more visit covid.uncg.edu
For weather or disaster-related program cancellation or postponement information, please watch the admissions home page or our social media channels.