Address: Bryan Undergraduate Student Services, 301 Bryan Building
- International Business (BS) U830
- International Business 2Plus (BS) U831
About the major
The International Business Studies major is an interdisciplinary program in the Bryan School of Business and Economics administratively located in the Department of Management. The program is distinctive in the Bryan School by requiring experiences and competence in areas such as language and study abroad that are not required in other business programs. The capability to understand other cultures, societies, and economies is achieved by requiring/recommending more in liberal education and related areas than is required in General Education requirements for other business programs.
Special application procedures
There are no special application procedures for freshman applicants. However, there are secondary admission requirements to be admitted to the Department and the Bryan School. Students must complete a group of pre-admission courses during the freshman and sophomore years and earn a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5.
Academic clubs and organizations
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Black Business Students' Association
- Bryan Student Advisory Council
- Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (CEO)
- Delta Sigma Pi
- Human Resource Management Association
- The Bryan School's Career Services office and the UNCG Career Services Center provide assistance in securing internships and part-time employment as well as full-time positions upon graduation.
- The Department offers an experiential learning course with students securing internships or other positions in varied organizations such as Bank of America, Koury Convention Center, Merrill-Lynch, the Mexican Embassy, and Walt Disney World. Many students have continued employment at these sites after graduation.
- The faculty of the Bryan School of Business and Economics and the Department of Management believe that today's global business environment requires that future business leaders experience other countries and cultures. Available options include: Exchange programs at excellent universities in more than 25 countries such as Denmark, France, Germany, Mexico, Spain, and the United Kingdom; special opportunities to satisfy the Bryan School language requirements by studying abroad; short-term, one-week programs in countries offered during the academic year; and short-term, three-week programs offered during the summer.
- International marketing and marketing research; international management; export/import management, and consulting
- Graduates of the program have pursued careers with a variety of organizations from Fortune 100 corporations to small firms to starting their own entrepreneurial ventures
- Many graduates extend their degrees by entering master’s and doctoral programs
Professional organizations and accreditation
The Bryan School is accredited by the AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and is among the top ten percent of business schools nationwide that have earned accreditation at the undergraduate and graduate levels in both business and accounting.
Watch Our Video
We're the Spartans UNCG's spirit of self-discovery energizes our students and faculty and inspires them to do big things.