Address: 220 Music Building
Web site: performingarts.uncg.edu
- Arts Administration (BA) U640
What's Unique about Arts Administration at UNCG?
- The Bachelor of Arts in Arts Administration is an interdisciplinary liberal arts degree combining leadership and management theory and training within a cultural and creative arts context.
- Intended to be pursued in conjunction with creative studies within home disciplines.
- Ideal for students pursuing leadership and administrative roles within arts and cultural organizations across all major sectors and works well as a second major with other B.A. degrees in creative disciplines.
- Offers flexibility in selecting an arts discipline to extend leadership and management theory and training.
- Students will be able to take courses in music, theatre, dance, and entrepreneurship in order to gain experience in multiple fields.
Academic Clubs and Organizations
- Organizations within the School of Music, Theatre and Dance include music ensembles, theatre groups, and dance companies.
Internships in Arts Administration for course credit (3 or 6 credits) can include but are not limited to:
- Marketing and design
- Curatorial assistant
- Special events
- Outreach programming
- Potential careers in Arts Administration include executive director, managing director, nonprofit program coordinator, production manager, museum curator, cultural planner, grant writer, community organizer, and arts education coordinator.
Watch Our Video
We're the Spartans UNCG's spirit of self-discovery energizes our students and faculty and inspires them to do big things.