The Spartan Passage is a co-admissions partnership between UNCG and Richmond Community College.
Already enrolled at Richmond Community College and ready to apply? Sign up via SpartanLink.
Spartan Passage students will have access to many perks and benefits, including:
- Students who maintain established academic standards move seamlessly to UNCG to complete upper-division coursework
- Coordinated, on-site advising to stay on track for efficient transfer credit
- Waived UNCG application fee
- Scholarship opportunities
- Coordinated federal and financial aid disbursement
- A Spartan ID card, including access to benefits like:
- Leonard J. Kaplan Center for Wellness (excludes participation in Intramural Sports and Outdoor Adventure trips)
- UNCG Library
- All campus activities, events, and events sponsored by Campus Activities and associated areas (Events where there is a charge to UNCG students will require the same charge from joint enrollment students.)
- Membership in many student organizations (excludes fraternity and sorority life and Club Sports)
APPLICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
To sign up for the Spartan Passage, complete admission to your community college, then indicate your interest to your on-site Spartan Passage coordinator or completing the online interest form.
To get in to the Spartan Passage program:
- Complete admission to RCC.
- Commit to full-time status at an eligible community college (minimum 15 academic credits per semester).
- Register for the Spartan Passage program via your on site coordinator or online.
Note: To enjoy the full benefits of this program, UNC Greensboro recommends applicants enter with a maximum of 24 credit hours.
To stay on track toward your degree:
- Complete 15-17 credit hours of coursework per term with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (or 3.5 for accelerated master’s program).
- Meet with your advisor regularly to maximize your lower level credits that will apply toward your bachelor’s degree.
To transition to UNCG:
- Complete your A.A. or A.S. degree in an eligible program of study with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (or 3.5 for accelerated master’s program).
- Log in to your SpartanLink account and complete the UNCG transition form, including the Community Standards Questionnaire, by the regular transfer deadline.
- Apply to one of the approved degree programs (including additional standards, if required).
Spartan Passage students will automatically be eligible to complete most UNCG bachelor’s degree programs, with the exception of certain limited access degrees that require auditions or secondary admissions processes. Students must meet the prevailing requirements at the time of enrollment at UNCG.
Full list of eligible programs
NOTE: Programs marked with an asterisk (*) have additional admission requirements. Please contact the department directly for more information.
- Accounting (B.S.)
- African American & African Diaspora Studies (B.A.)
- African American & African Diaspora Studies: Cultural Arts (B.A.)
- Anthropology (B.A.)
- Art: Art History (B.A.)
- Art: Studio Art (B.A.)*
- Biology (B.A.)
- Biology (B.S.)
- Business Administration: Business Studies (B.S.)
- Business Administration: Human Resources (B.S.)
- Business Administration: International Business Studies (B.S.)
- Chemistry (B.A.)
- Chemistry (B.S.)
- Communication Studies (B.A.)*
- Communication Sciences and Disorders (B.S.)
- Computer Science (B.S.)
- Economics (B.A.)
- Economics (B.S.)
- Education: Elementary Education K-6 (B.S.)*
- Education: Middle Grades Education 6-9 (B.S.)*
- English (B.A.)
- Entrepreneurship (B.S.)
- Finance (B.S.)
- French (B.A.)
- Geography (B.A.)
- Geography: Earth Science/Environmental Studies (B.A.)
- Geography: Geographic Information Science (B.A.)
- Geography: Urban Planning (B.A.)
- History (B.A.)
- Information Systems & Supply Chain Management: Information Systems (B.S.)
- Information Systems & Supply Chain Management: Supply Chain Management (B.S)
- Kinesiology (B.S.)*
- Marketing (B.S.)
- Mathematics (B.A.)
- Mathematics (B.S.)
- Mathematics: Statistics (B.S.)
- Nutrition: Human Nutrition & Dietetics (B.S.)
- Nutrition: Nutrition & Wellness (B.S.)
- Nutrition: Nutrition Science (B.S.)
- Philosophy (B.A.)
- Philosophy: PreLaw (B.A.)
- Physics (B.A.)
- Physics (B.S.)
- Political Science (B.A.)
- Psychology (B.A.)
- Public Health: Community Health Education (B.S.)*
- Public Health: Health Studies Online (B.S.)*
- Religious Studies (B.A.)
- Social Work (B.S.W.)*
- Sociology (B.A.)
- Sociology: Criminology (B.A.)
- Spanish (B.A.)
- Special Programs in Liberal Studies: Environmental Studies (B.A.)*
- Special Programs in Liberal Studies: Humanities (B.A.)*
- Special Programs in Liberal Studies: Social Sciences (B.A.)*
- Women’s & Gender Studies (B.A.)
Eligible accelerated master’s degree programs
NOTE: Accelerated master’s students must apply to the Graduate School at UNCG and maintain a 3.5 minimum GPA in all community college coursework.
- B.A. to M.A. in Communication Studies
- B.S. to M.S. in Computer Science
- B.A. or B.S. to M.A. in Applied Economics
- B.A. to M.A. in English
- B.A. to M.A. in Geography