G-Squared is a co-admissions partnership between UNC Greensboro and Guilford Technical Community College, both recognized as part of the Frontier Set initiative by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
G-Squared students will have access to many perks and benefits, including:
- Waived UNCG application fee
- Scholarship opportunities
- Coordinated, on-site advising to stay on track for efficient transfer credit
- Access to UNCG library
- A Spartan ID card
- Access to the Leonard J. Kaplan Center for Wellness (excludes participation in Intramural Sports and Outdoor Adventure trips).
- Coordinated federal and financial aid disbursement
- Access to all campus activities, events, and events sponsored by Campus Activities and associated areas (Events where there is a charge to UNCG students will require the same charge from joint enrollment students.)
- Membership in many student organizations (excludes fraternity and sorority life and Club Sports)
- Students who maintain established academic standards move seamlessly to UNCG to complete upper-division coursework
APPLICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
To sign up for G-Squared, complete admission to your community college, then indicate your interest to your on-site G-Squared coordinator, Leigh Olsen (G-Squared@gtcc.edu)
To get in to the G-Squared program:
- Complete admission to GTCC.
- Commit to full-time status at an eligible community college (minimum 15 academic credits per semester)..
To stay on track toward your degree:
- Complete 15-17 credit hours of coursework per term with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (or 3.5 for accelerated master’s program).
- Meet with your advisor regularly to maximize your lower level credits that will apply toward your UNCG degree.
To transition to UNCG:
- Complete your A.A. or A.S. degree in an eligible program of study with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (or 3.5 for accelerated master’s program).
- Log in to your SpartanLink account and complete the UNCG transition form, including the Community Standards Questionnaire, by the regular transfer deadline.
- Apply to one of the approved degree programs (including additional standards, if required).
G-Squared students will complete their passage to UNCG as part of a cohort, based on a set of pre-selected degree programs. To enter the G-Squared program, students must have fewer than 15 college credits. Students may choose from one of the eligible programs of study listed below.
Eligible bachelor’s degree programs
- Biology (B.S.)
- Business Administration: Business Studies (B.S.)
- Drama (B.A.)
- Psychology (B.A.)