Based on new UNC System guidelines related to Minimum Admission Requirements (MAR), UNCG is in the process of evaluating all applications submitted for consideration for the Fall 2020 cycle. This includes students who were previously denied admission based on prior guidelines. We will be contacting students who are now deemed admissible based on the new UNC System MAR criteria and our secondary review process.
The UNC system mandates the minimum high school courses required for admission to N.C. public universities. Incoming students must have completed:
- English: 4 units (emphasis on grammar, composition, and literature)
- Math: 4 units (including Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, and one approved course beyond Algebra II)
- Science: 3 units (including at least one unit in life or biological science, at least one unit in physical science, and at least one lab course)
- Social science: 2 units (must include one unit of U.S. history and one unit in history, economics, sociology, or civics)
- Foreign language: 2 consecutive units of the same language