Your admission to UNC Greensboro is contingent upon your completion of the following items.
- Submit an official copy of your final transcript to Undergraduate Admissions after you graduate. This transcript is due by July 15 for Fall admits, December 15 for Spring admits, and May 15/June 15 for Summer admits.
- Submit an official copy of any college transcripts reflecting college credits earned prior to enrolling at UNCG.
- Complete all high school graduation requirements.
- Meet all of the UNCG high school course requirements.
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
Our office reviews your grades and courses on your final transcript to verify you are still eligible for admission. We expect you to maintain or improve your grades during the remainder of your senior year.
Requirements for admission to specific majors
Keep in mind, selection into your preferred major is not guaranteed. Some programs have additional admission requirements. These include art, interior architecture, dance, music, nursing, and theatre.
AP and IB credits
Passing scores on most Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) exams are eligible for course credit. We must receive official score reports directly from these institutions to award credit.
Have your courses approved by Undergraduate Admissions if you wish to attend summer session at another institution. Prior approval will help ensure you take credits that will transfer. Keep in mind your admission to UNCG may be at risk if your GPA drops below a 2.5 average (on a 4.0 scale) on all work attempted.