There are two types of accounts you’ll need as a student at UNCG.
UNCGenie is the portal you’ll use to pay your tuition and fees, view your credits and grades, and also take care of other university-related business. To set up UNCGenie:
- Look for your University ID# that will be sent to you via email from the Office of Admissions within 48 hours of admission.
- Use this number to create a PIN.
- Your University ID# and PIN will give you access to explore UNCGenie.
IF YOU APPLIED FOR FINANCIAL AID… You can view your aid package on UNCGenie after it has been awarded. (HINT: You’ll get an email from Financial Aid when it’s ready!)
iSpartan is your official UNCG email account which also serves as your username and password to a lot of additional platforms you’ll use as a student. Plan to check this account often, even in the months before classes start; you may receive important messages about financial aid, tuition, and more. To claim your account credentials:
- Check your email for a message from UNCG ITS 1-2 business days after you have been admitted.
- This email will contain next steps to claim your student account and set up a permanent password on iSpartan.
- As an extra measure of security, UNCG requires students to set up two-factor identification as part of the account creation process. You’ll be guided through the steps through a series of prompts.
Questions about your UNCG student accounts? The UNCG ITS service desk, 6-TECH can assist with any problems you may experience. Email email@example.com or call 336.256.8324.