Admission to UNC Greensboro does not guarantee selection into your preferred area of study. Some professional schools and majors have additional admission requirements, so it’s important to work through your school or college to be sure you meet their program requirements.
- Programs in Art, Dance, Drama, Interior Architecture, and Music have competitive audition or portfolio requirements before you begin classes at UNCG as a freshman or transfer.
- Nursing first requires admission to Pre-Nursing as a freshman or sophomore, then a highly-competitive application process, including interview, testing, and pre-requisite courses, to be admitted to the upper-level degree program. This applies to transfers and students who were admitted to UNCG as freshmen.
- For other programs, special requirements vary and typically consist of meeting pre-requisite courses with a minimum GPA. Check information on your major below for details.
Programs with Special Requirements:
- Drama (Department of Theatre)
- Education (Elementary, Middle Grades, Education of the Deaf, Special Education, all Teacher Education Programs)
- Health Education (Department of Public Health Education)
- Human Development and Family Studies
- Interior Architecture
- Peace and Conflict Studies (online program only)
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology & Audiology (Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders)