Our Tourism and Hospitality program teaches students to become innovative and responsible professionals in one of the largest business sectors in the world, hospitality and tourism. Students gain hands-on experience in classes working with area attractions, hotels, and restaurants, while gaining an understanding about how the industry enhances the communities they are a part of.
- Graduates have obtained employment at companies such as Marriott, Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels, Walt Disney World, Daly Seven Hotels, Wyndham, Biltmore Estate, Greensboro Science Center, Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro Convention & Visitors Bureau, and Aramark.
- Graduates have gone on to graduate programs at schools such as North Carolina State University, Georgetown University, and Clemson University.
The Student Experience
- Emphasizes hands-on learning, with visits to organizations in the hospitality and tourism industry, guest speakers, and student projects addressing issues facing individual organizations in that industry.
- Many courses require an external project working directly with a hospitality and/or tourism organizations that requires assistance in meeting the business challenges faced in today’s global market economy.
- Through their course work, students have the opportunity to gain industry-specific certifications, including a Certificate in Hotel Industry Analytics and ServSafe.
Accolades & Accomplishments
- There is a practical approach to student learning.
- We educate students to be innovative and responsible professionals for companies, as well as to start their own businesses.
- Award-winning faculty in teaching with years of industry experience.
Accreditations & Affiliations
• Travel and Tourism Research Association
• Guilford County Hotel Association
• Piedmont Triad Destination Marketing Organization
• Sustainable Tourism and Hospitality Club
Sustainable Tourism & Hospitality (BA)