- Graduates have obtained employment at companies such as Marriott International, the Walt Disney Co., Darden Restaurants, Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels, and Greensboro Convention & Visitor’s Bureau.
- An HTM degree can lead to a variety of fulfilling careers, including hotel management, travel agent, meeting planner, tour guide, cruise ship management, catering management, revenue management, sales and marketing management, sommelier, spa management, tour operator, leisure activity coordinator, theme park management, resort management, concert promoter, festival coordinator, visitors bureau management, casino operations management, wedding coordinator/planner, corporate travel management, and park ranger.
The Student Experience
- Areas of study: Students will have the opportunity to study a wide-variety of topics that are suited to prepare them for employment in all areas of the global travel and tourism sector, including hotel and lodging operations management, restaurant entrepreneurship, destination management, sustainable food and beverage, travel tourism sales and marketing, revenue management, sustainable development, event planning, wine appreciation, and cultures and places.
- Concentrations: Students may choose to pursue a concentration in Esports Management, which will provide a strong foundation in the functional areas of business with additional major coursework that dives into the dynamic business of competitive gaming.
- Professional certificates: Students can earn certifications in the areas of food service safety, hotel industry analytics, and responsible alcohol service.
- Networking opportunities: There are plenty of networking opportunities with employers through student organizations (e.g., Hospitality and Tourism Student Group).
Accreditations & Affiliations
• Travel and Tourism Research Association
• Guilford County Hotel Association
• Piedmont Triad Destination Marketing Organization
• Sustainable Tourism and Hospitality Club
Major & Concentration(s)
Hospitality & Tourism Management (BS)