The Recreation and Parks Management degree teaches skills in management, leadership, program planning, community inclusion, healthy living, and evaluation for all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. Specialties within this growing field are gerontology, youth development, parks and forestry, public recreation, specialized facility management, commercial enterprising, therapeutic recreation, sports management, resource management, and administration.
- Graduates work as therapeutic recreation specialists, recreation programmers, aquatic therapists, athletic program supervisors, inclusion facilitators, campus recreation coordinators, community center managers, event planners, park managers, senior center coordinators, and youth activity directors, to name a few.
- Graduates enter master’s and doctoral programs at universities including the University of North Carolina Greensboro, East Carolina University, North Carolina State University, Winston-Salem State University, Elon University, Clemson University, Indiana University, University of Tennessee, and James Madison University.
The Student Experience
- Fieldwork and volunteer opportunities offer hands-on practical experience in myriad professional and community settings.
- Professional development opportunities include workshops and conferences.
- In-service learning and fieldwork help students build their professional network prior to graduation.
- Undergraduate Research Assistantships are available to support students as they gain valuable research experience by working with faculty members.
- UNCG offers extensive and affordable study abroad opportunities.
Accolades & Accomplishments
- Faculty are credentialed and nationally recognized as exemplary teachers, advisers, and scholars.
- Faculty awards include Teaching Excellence Awards and national and international research awards.
Accreditations & Affiliations
- National Recreation and Park Association’s Council on Accreditation of Parks, Recreation, Tourism, and Related Professions
- American Therapeutic Recreation Association
- National Recreation and Park Association
- North Carolina Recreational Therapy Association
- North Carolina Recreation and Park Association
Recreation & Parks Management (BS)
- Community Recreation & Event Planning
- Therapeutic Recreation
Dr. Leandra Bedini LRT/CTRS
Director of Undergraduate Studies