The Student Experience
- Receive expert advising in planning your academic program and navigating the application process to pharmacy school.
- Get help identifying available opportunities to obtain health career experience required for application to pharmacy school, including work in local retail pharmacies, hospitals, nursing homes, and other clinical settings.
- Participants have entered pharmacy programs at institutions including:
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Campbell University
- High Point University
- Wingate University
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Participants have entered careers including:
- Pharmacist, Duke University
- Pharmacy technologist, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Pharmacist manager, Maple Hill Pharmacy
- Pharmacy assistant, Lane Drugs
- Pharmacy technician, Revco Drug Stores Inc.
Admission into pharmacy school requires an excellent academic record and strong scores on the Pharmacy College Admission Test (usually taken in the sophomore year). Completion of the doctor of pharmacy degree typically requires three to four additional years of study.