A master’s degree in occupational therapy is required for practice in the profession. Students interested in completing the pre-occupational therapy focus at UNCG typically pursue the Therapeutic Recreation concentration of the Recreation & Parks Management (BS) degree. Interested students are encouraged to contact Dr. Bedini or Dr. Kinney prior to registering for first semester classes.
The Student Experience
- Prepares you to apply to attend any accredited master of science in occupational therapy program in the nation.
- Faculty advising helps position students for acceptance into a master’s program in occupational therapy and is valuable in the application process.
- Coursework includes prerequisites for entry into a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program, including:
- human anatomy with lab
- human physiology with lab
- human development across the lifespan
- abnormal psychology
- medical terminology
- occupational therapy general education requirements (such as general psychology, general biology, business ethics, sociology, anthropology)
- On degree completion, eligible for credentials in therapeutic recreation.
- N.C. institutions that offer programs for a Master of Science (MS) in Occupational Therapy:
- East Carolina University
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Winston-Salem State University
Recreation & Parks Management (BS)