The International Business Studies major is an interdisciplinary program where majors learn how to analyze in the international environment, understand different cultures, and conduct business across countries. International business majors are sought after by local companies aiming at international markets, multinational corporations, government agencies, and non-governmental, nonprofit organizations.
- Graduates have gone on to careers such as president, TRI Financial, Rochester, New York; president/CEO, Central Virginia Federal Credit Union, Lynchburg, Va.
The Student Experience
- Students can customize the degree to fit professional aspirations and take courses in which they explore real-world business situations.
- Participation in the study abroad program provides hands-on international experience and cross-cultural learning. There are options for exchange programs in approximately 26 countries.
- Students have the opportunity to meet with area businesses to assist in finding solutions to identified problems. Many businesses have found international markets for their products as a result of student team efforts, while other businesses have implemented student-proposed recommendations.
- The Bryan School’s Career Services office and the UNCG Career Services Center provide assistance in securing internships and part-time employment as well as full-time positions upon graduation.
- The department offers an experiential learning course with students securing internships or other positions in varied organizations such as Bank of America, Koury Convention Center, Merrill Lynch, the Embassy of Mexico, and Walt Disney World. Many students have continued employment at these sites after graduation.
- Students can choose to participate in clubs such as Alpha Kappa Psi, Beta Gamma Sigma, Black Business Students’ Association, Bryan Student Advisory Council, Delta Sigma Pi, and Human Resource Management Association.
Accreditations & Affiliations
International Business Studies (BS)