For students interested in a technical foundation to accompany a liberal education, the Integrated Science degree emphasizes a knowledge base in the traditional disciplines of biology, chemistry, earth science, and physics (exploring one science area in depth) and evaluating real-world problems that require interdisciplinary knowledge of the sciences. Students explore science as it integrates across the traditional disciplines and are prepared for licensure in comprehensive science at the secondary level.
- Tailored for students preparing to teach science at the secondary level, with the option of a degree track that includes licensure requirements.
- Serves students interested in technical writing, science policy, patent law, and professional school.
The Student Experience
- Gain a strong foundational knowledge in the traditional disciplines of biology, chemistry, earth science, and physics, with an upper-level focus on one specific science area.
- Investigate the nature of scientific discovery, development of scientific knowledge, and the applications of science.
- Develop skills to evaluate real-world problems that require interdisciplinary knowledge of the sciences.
- Enjoy opportunities to study abroad and participate in internships and service learning.