In the Department of Accounting and Finance, finance students will learn the theory, organization, and operation of the financial system from market and managerial viewpoints.
- Students with a finance degree enjoy excellent career opportunities. Finance positions include commercial lender, personal banker, financial planner, stock analyst, stockbroker, financial analyst, treasurer, credit analyst, and capital budgeting director.
- Some employers of our graduates include BB&T, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Koury Convention Center, and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management.
- The BS in Finance prepares students for graduate study in accounting or finance but also in law and other business areas.
The Student Experience
- Students engage in community service activities and professional outreach activities through student organizations.
- Students learn to invest funds through membership in the Spartan Investment Club.
- Students have also participated in the CFA Challenge where they analyze a specific company with guidance from finance program faculty and then rate the company as buy, sell, or hold.
- A student can fast-track to UNCG’s master’s degree in accounting, earning both a BS and MS in accounting in approximately five years. Students who double major in accounting and finance also can take advantage of this fast track.
Accolades & Accomplishments
- The BS program recently received an Assessment of Learning Award last year from the university.
- One of the largest business schools in North Carolina, the Bryan School’s AACSB International accreditation in business and accounting places it among the top 1 percent of business schools in the world.
Accreditations & Affiliations