In the Department of Finance, students will learn the theory, organization, and operation of the financial system from both a market and a managerial viewpoint.
- Students with a finance degree generally enjoy excellent career opportunities. Potential positions include commercial lender, personal banker, financial planner, stock analyst, stockbroker, financial analyst, treasurer, credit analyst, and capital budgeting director.
- Some employers of our graduates include BB&T, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Koury Convention Center, and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management.
- Students also will be prepared for graduate study, most often in accounting or finance but also in law and business.
The Student Experience
- Through student organizations, students are engaged in community service activities and professional outreach activities.
- Students learn to invest funds through membership in the Spartan Investment Club.
- Students have also participated in the CFA Challenge where they develop an investments portfolio with guidance from finance faculty and then compete with students from other universities.
- A student can fast-track to a master’s degree in accounting, earning both a BS and MS in accounting in approximately five years. Students who double major in accounting and finance also can take advantage of this fast track.
Accolades & Accomplishments
- The BS program received an Assessment of Learning Award last year from the university.
- One of the largest business schools in North Carolina, the Bryan School’s AACSB International accreditation in business and accounting puts it among the top 4 percent of business schools in the world.
Accreditations & Affiliations