Entrepreneurship is a cross-disciplinary program that draws from departments and programs across campus, with the largest number of courses blended with entrepreneurship of any college or university in N.C. We are a fast-growing major, and our faculty members are recognized internationally and include N.C. Board of Governors award winners. As of Fall 2019, the entrepreneurship degree is available entirely online in addition to campus-based.
Offered on campus & online
- The degree can lead to a variety of fulfilling careers, including business owner or manager, business adviser/consultant, family business owner, franchise owner/manager, social entrepreneur, sales and marketing consultant, and business analyst.
- Graduates have obtained employment at companies such as Google, Volvo, and Berkshire-Hathaway Real Estate.
- Graduates have started their own companies in employment services, clothing lines, guitars, food products, industrial services, and retail stores.
The Student Experience
- After completing entrepreneurship foundation courses, students can choose from one of nine profiles, supported by more than 50 courses across campus:
- Creative industries entrepreneurship
- International entrepreneurship
- Family business entrepreneurship
- Social entrepreneurship
- Innovation and technology entrepreneurship
- Health care entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship education
- Sports entrepreneurship
- Provides the skill sets in entrepreneurship needed for your future.
- Emphasizes hands-on learning; many courses require an external project working directly with an entrepreneurial endeavor and/or other firms that require assistance in meeting the business challenges they face in today’s global market economy.
- A required capstone internship provides a real-world experience that sets this degree apart nationwide.
- Cross-listed courses allow students flexibility in applying credit toward major/s or a minor.
Accolades & Accomplishments
- Program and teaching recognized with eight national and international awards.
Accreditations & Affiliations
- Collegiate Entrepreneurs Association
Major & Concentration(s)
Entrepreneurship (BS) (Online option available)
Dianne H.B. Welsh, PhD
Hayes Distinguished Professor of Entrepreneurship
Founder, Entrepreneurship Programs