Our exemplary Entrepreneurship program teaches students to become innovative entrepreneurs, managers, consultants, and community leaders. We educate students for positions inside companies, as all companies need innovative and entrepreneurial employees, as well as to start their own businesses.
- Graduates have started their own companies in employment services, clothing lines, guitars, food products, industrial services, and retail stores.
- Graduates have obtained employment at companies such as Google, Volvo, and Berkshire-Hathaway Real Estate.
- Graduates have gone onto graduate programs at schools such as Wake Forest University, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Indiana University, and University of Louisville.
The Student Experience
- Program is cross-disciplinary in its approach, drawing from departments and programs across campus, with the largest number of courses blended with entrepreneurship of any college or university in the state of North Carolina.
- After completing entrepreneurship foundation courses, students can choose from one of eight profiles, supported by more than 50 courses across campus:Creative industries entrepreneurship
- International entrepreneurship
- Family business entrepreneurship
- Social entrepreneurship
- Innovation and technology entrepreneurship
- Health care entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship education
- A required capstone internship provides a real-world experience that sets this degree apart nationwide.
- Cross-listed courses allow students flexibility in applying credit toward major/s or minor.
- Emphasizes real-world, hands-on learning. Many courses require an external project working directly with an entrepreneurial endeavor and/or other firms that require assistance in meeting the business challenges they face in today’s global market economy.
Accolades & Accomplishments
- Program and teaching recognized with eight national and international awards.
Accreditations & Affiliations
- Collegiate Entrepreneurs Association