The BS in Economics builds on an analytical business foundation and develops the student’s ability to apply economic reasoning and analysis to economic, business, and policy issues. The BA in Economics develops the student’s ability to apply economic reasoning and analysis to a variety of economic and public policy issues. This degree provides opportunity to double major outside of the Bryan School of Business and Economics
- Graduates have gone on to careers with the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Federal Reserve Board, Research Triangle Institute, AIG Financial, and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Graduates have entered law schools, MBA programs, the London School of Economics, and the PhD program at the University of Virginia, among others.
- Graduates can apply to our MA program in applied economics (among the best terminal master’s programs in applied economics in the country) and learn the statistical and econometric techniques to enter the job market on a professional career track. We place more than 90 percent of our MA graduates in professional careers, earning between $45,000–$80,000.
- Graduates can consider a UNCG PhD in economics, emphasizing the applied microeconomic fields of health, labor, and public economics.
The Student Experience
- Students may join clubs and organizations such as the UNCG Student Chapter of the National Association for Business Economic, Omicron Delta Epsilon (economics honor society), and Delta Sigma Pi Business Fraternity.
- More than 80 percent of undergraduate classes are taught by faculty with doctoral degrees from schools such as Brown University, Carnegie Mellon University, The University of Chicago, Harvard University, University of Michigan, State University of New York at Binghamton, Tulane University, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, University of Virginia, University of Wisconsin, and Yale University.
- Faculty members are accessible to the students and infuse their research into the classroom.
- Eight named scholarships dedicated to undergraduate students.
Accolades & Accomplishments
- Top 25 economics departments in the South as ranked by Mixon & Kamal in “Applied Economics Letters” (2016)
Accreditations & Affiliations
- National Association for Business Economics