The Business Administration major provides students with broad exposure to the functional areas of business and a comprehensive understanding of one of the managerial specialties in a specific concentration. The Bryan School’s mission is to offer education programs that prepare students to perform successfully as business professionals in a global economy, and all majors in the Department of Management benefit from the infusion of these critical issues throughout the curriculum.
- Graduates have careers as president, TRI Financial, Rochester, New York; president/CEO, Central Virginia Federal Credit Union, Lynchburg, Va.
The Student Experience
- The business studies concentration provides students with a degree that they can customize to fit their professional aspirations for health care management, business and pre-law, corporate communications, financial product sales, and more.
- The human resources concentration offers coursework in industrial/organizational psychology, compensation and selection, training, diversity management, organizational change, HR law, and HR information systems.
- Students take courses in which they explore real-world business situations. Students can meet with area businesses to assist in finding solutions to identified problems. Businesses have found international markets for their products because of student team efforts while other businesses have implemented student-proposed recommendations.
- The Bryan School’s career services and the UNCG Career Services Center help in securing internships and part-time employment as well as full-time positions upon graduation.
- The department offers an experiential learning course with students securing internships or other positions in varied organizations such as Bank of America, Koury Convention Center, Merrill Lynch, the Embassy of Mexico, and Walt Disney World. Many students have continued employment at these sites after graduation.
- Opportunity for significant cross-cultural experience via exchange programs is available in approximately 26 countries.
- There are student clubs such as Alpha Kappa Psi, Beta Gamma Sigma, Black Business Students’ Association, Bryan Student Advisory Council, Delta Sigma Pi, and Human Resource Management Association.
Accreditations & Affiliations
Business Administration (BS)
- Business Studies (Online degree-completion option available)
- Human Resources