In the Department of Accounting and Finance, accounting students will learn to create and evaluate accounting information used by businesses and other organizations to make ethical business decisions in the context of social responsibility and sustainability.
- The Accounting program at UNC Greensboro prepares students for business and accounting positions in industry, government, and nonprofit entities. In addition, students are prepared for graduate study, most often in accounting or finance but also in law and business. (A graduate degree in accounting is typically necessary for a position in public accounting.)
- Professional opportunities in accounting include auditor, consultant, information systems consultant, investment analyst, business adviser, tax adviser, controller, cost accountant, and financial planner.
- Employers of program graduates include Dixon Hughes Goodman PLLC; KPMG; PwC; Bernard Robinson & Co.; Breslow Starling; EY LLP; Gilliam Coble & Moser LLP; Grant Thornton LLP; HanesBrands Inc.; Leeper, Kean & Rumley; Lincoln Financial; RSM US LLP; Sharrard McGee & Co.; Smith Leonard PLLC; Unifi; VF Corporation; Volvo; and Williams Overman Pierce LLP.
The Student Experience
- The Beta Alpha Psi professional organization performs community service, tutoring, and other professional development activities.
- Many accounting undergraduate students seek and receive internships related to their field of accounting.
- A student can fast-track to a master’s degree in accounting, earning both a BS and MS in accounting in approximately five years.
- Learn more and see the program firsthand by Scheduling a Tour.
Accolades & Accomplishments
- The Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Master of Science in Accounting have separate accreditation—only 1 percent of business schools worldwide share the Bryan School’s dual AACSB accreditation in business and accounting.
- The Accounting program at UNC Greensboro has a strong reputation of preparing students for the MS in accounting program and ultimately for passing the CPA exam.
- The department of Accounting and Finance has recently added two new scholarships to their long list of available aid for students.
Accreditations & Affiliations