Honors College | UNC Greensboro Undergraduate Admissions

UNC Greensboro gives motivated, high-achieving students an enhanced undergraduate experience through our prestigious honors program. You may apply to honors whether you are a freshman or a transfer student.

International Honors 

If you are a freshman, you’ll apply to the Lloyd International Honors College. This is a two-year experience that provides an enhanced undergraduate general education, including an international focus. Benefits of the UNCG Honors College program include:

  • The opportunity to explore your interests along with other highly motivated students
  • Honors courses, limited to 25 students, taught by dedicated faculty
  • Early class registration
  • A study abroad stipend  
  • Exclusive housing opportunities
  • Workshops, guest speakers, and special activities such as think tanks and an artist-in-residence program

Disciplinary Honors 

If you are a transfer student, your honors experience will begin at the junior level. Disciplinary honors students collaborate with a faculty mentor to conduct research in their major that culminates in a senior honors project. This research typically begins junior year.

Keep in mind, students who begin in the International Honors College have the option to complete the Disciplinary Honors program as well. If you complete both programs, you’ll be awarded full university honors.

Honors Eligibility requirements

All honors programs require an application. To apply for UNCG’s Honors College as a freshman, you must meet one of the following requirements:

  • Score at least a 1270 on the SAT evidence based reading and writing and mathematics portions combined
  • Score a 26 ACT composite score
  • Earn a 3.8 weighted high school GPA

If you are a first-year student and meet at least one of the above criteria, you may submit a supplemental honors application, which includes your resume and a personal essay.

To apply for the Disciplinary Honors program, you must meet certain criteria that varies by major. 

All applications for Honors are managed through the Honors College