Address: 318 Stone Building
Web site: www.uncg.edu/nutrition
- Human Nutrition & Dietetics (BS) U552
- Nutrition & Wellness (BS) U533
- Nutrition Science (BS) U550
About the Major
- The Human Nutrition and Dietetics concentration prepares students for positions in clinical and community health settings; food and nutritional management industries; and graduate programs in nutrition and public health. Graduates have the necessary prerequisites for admission into the post-baccalaureate certificate dietetic internship program required to become a Registered Dietitian.
- The Nutrition and Wellness concentration prepares students for careers in voluntary and community health organizations; public health nutrition; health care; government; worksite wellness programs; and the fitness industry.
- The Nutrition Science concentration prepares students for medical, dental, and other health-related professional schools; graduate programs in biomedical and nutrition sciences; and employment in the biotechnology, food, nutritional supplement, and pharmaceutical industries.
What's unique about Nutrition at UNCG?
Our three degree concentrations reflect both the interests of our students and the constantly changing field of Nutrition. Graduates of our program go on to work in all areas of Nutrition and Dietetics. The low student to faculty ratio means you’re more than just a face in the crowd when it comes time for advising and getting letters of recommendation for jobs, internships, and graduate training.
Academic Clubs and Organizations
- Nutrition Club
- North Carolina Academy of Science
- Greensboro District Dietetic Association
Opportunities are available to enhance your knowledge and skills by participating in faculty research projects (some as paid undergraduate research assistants) and in professional activities at clinical, public health, and food industry sites throughout the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina.
Careers of recent graduates include:
- Public Health Nutritionists, WIC
- Research Scientist, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center
- Dietitian, UNCG Health Center
- Faculty preceptor for Dietetic Internship at NC Central University
- Nutrition Educator/Dietitian, Davidson College
- Technical Analyst, CBORD Group (food service software firm)
- Pediatric Nutritionist, University Hospitals, UNC-CH
- Manager, ARAMARK Dining Facility, Meredith College
- Physician Assistant, Wake Forest University
- Nutrition Specialist, Ralston Purina Company
- Doctoral Students, Nutrition and Psychology Departments, UNCG
- Assistant Director Food Production Manager, ARAMARK, GTCC
- Adolescent Wellness Program Coordinator, Forsyth Medical Center
Professional Organizations and Accreditation
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics accredited: Didactic Program in Dietetics
Watch Our Video
Discover UNCG! Hear what students and faculty have to say about UNCG in this introductory video.